If you have an existing scholarship account login
Michael & Karel Helgeson Generations Scholarship (GNP)*
The Michael and Karel Helgeson Generations Scholarship Fund is intended to recognize and support actively engaged students (at the high school or college level) of Gold'n Plump Business Unit team members and family farm partners who wish to further their education at a 2-year or 4-year accredited, non-profit college or university. A family-owned business built over decades, Gold'n Plump Business Unit's third generation leader - Michael, and his wife, Karel - recognize the importance of strong family values and are committed to building healthy communities. For this reason, this scholarship fund was established to benefit the children of those who have made a positive difference in the company's long-term success. Through higher education, these families will continue to build future legacies through the work, time, and talent of generations to come.
- High School Seniors, College students or Graduate School students
- ONLY: children, step-children, adopted children and legal wards of Gold'n Plump Business Unit team members (i.e. employee) and Gold'n Plump Business Unit family farm partners. The Gold'n Plump Business Unit team member must be employed with Gold'n Plump Business Unit at the time the application is submitted, and the GNP family farm partner must have be in partnership with Gold'n Plump Business Unit at the time the application is submitted.
- GPA: 2.5 on a 4.0 Scale.
- Must be no older then 26 by application deadline.
- Planning to attend or attending: Two or four year college or graduate school (full-time enrollment).
Available Scholarships: Up to 20 - $2,000 Scholarships
Renewable: Student may submit a new application each year.
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1
Scholarship Application Process: Online applications only.
Items you will need to complete the online application:
- Application General Questions
- Essay: Maximum of 650 words sharing how you have made a positive difference in your family, school, and community.
- Statement of Need and Responsibility: Briefly share a personal, life, or family circumstance affecting your need for this scholarship.
- List of Activities for: 1) Community Service i.e. civic and church volunteer activities; 2) Extracurricular School Activities i.e. school activities that are not graded; and 3) Work Experience
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Recommendations need to be from non-family members. Letters will need to be in PDF format.
- Electronic Transcript:
- High School Students: You must enter your guidance officer’s email address into the application at least 5 days prior to the deadline. This will allow your guidance officer to add your transcript to the application prior to the deadline.
- College Students:Must obtain a transcript from the college registrar office and upload as a PDF.Unofficial transcripts are acceptable if they are signed by the registrar’s office.
- Senior photo and photo release will be required of recipients. The donor wishes to recognize recipients in news releases, corporate newsletters, and other publications.
Dates to Remember:
- May: Recipients will be notified via email in early May.
- June 15: Recipients must sign their scholarship agreement and provide college information. CommunityGiving will verify that you are enrolled as a full-time student at the college.(Full-time enrollment is typically 12-16 credits)
- June: Inform your college that you have received the scholarship.
- September 1: Generally, full payment will arrive at your college unless otherwise notified.