If you have an existing scholarship account login
Garrison Area Scholarship*
The Garrison Area Fund provides local students with scholarships to encourage and support their pursuit of higher education.
The Garrison Area Scholarship (formerly Garrison Dollars for Scholars) was originally sponsored by the Garrison Lions/Garrison Mille Lacs Lakes Lions Clubs. The Garrison Area Scholarship Fund will offer three $1,000 scholarships to graduating high school seniors who meet eligibility requirements.
- High School Senior
- From: Aitkin, Brainerd, Crosby-Ironton or Onamia
- Residents of Garrison or live within a 10-mile radius of Garrison or the applicant’s parents own a business in Garrison.
- Planning to attend: Two or four year college (full-time enrollment)
Available Scholarships: 3 - $1,000 Scholarships
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1
Scholarship Application Process: Online applications only.
Items you will need to complete the online application:
- Application General Questions
- Essay: 2 page double spaced: Based upon your last four years, what have you learned from participating in school, community, and work activities? How do you plan to apply what you have learned to your future opportunities?
- Statement of Need and Responsibility: Briefly share a personal, life, or family circumstance affecting your need for this scholarship.
- List of Activities for: 1) Community Service i.e. civic and church volunteer activities; 2) Extracurricular School Activities i.e. school activities that are not graded; and 3) Work Experience
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Recommendations need to be from non-family members. Letters will need to be in PDF format.
- Electronic Transcript: High School Students: You must enter the email address of your guidance office into the application at least 5 days prior to the deadline. This will allow your guidance officer to add your transcript to the application prior to the deadline.
Other Notes: None
Dates to Remember:
- May: Recipients will be notified via email in early May.
- June 15: Recipients must sign their scholarship agreement and provide college information. CommunityGiving will verify that you are enrolled as a full-time student at the college.(Full-time enrollment is typically 12-16 credits)
- June: Inform your college that you have received the scholarship.
- September 1: Generally, full payment will arrive at your college unless otherwise notified.