If you have an existing scholarship account login
Ernest Morgan Memorial Scholarship*
The Ernest Morgan Memorial Scholarship was created to assist central Minnesota student athletes or student leaders to broaden their experiences and expand their comfort zone by encouraging and enabling them to pursue higher education outside of Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
- High School Senior
- From: Albany
/Avon, Annandale,Cathedral High School, Elk River, Foley, Holdingford,
Melrose, Monticello, Sartell, Sauk Centre, Sauk Rapids, St. Cloud Apollo, St.
Cloud Area Learning Center, St. Cloud Technical High School, St. Cloud Christian
School, St. John’s Preparatory High School
- Plans to attend 4 year college located outside of the five state region of Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin.
- Planning to attend: Four year college (full-time enrollment)
- Student leader or student athlete
Available Scholarships: 1 - $5,000 Scholarship
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1
Scholarship Application Process: Online applications only.
Items you will need to complete the online application:
- Application General Questions
- Essay: 1-2 pages double spaced: Why have you chosen to attend college outside of the 5-state region? How will it be different than if you had attended a local college? What have you learned through your participation in athletic or leadership positions?
- Statement of Need and Responsibility: Briefly share a personal, life, or family circumstance affecting your need for this scholarship.
- List of Activities for: 1) Community Service i.e. civic and church volunteer activities; 2) Extracurricular School Activities i.e. school activities that are not graded; and 3) Work Experience
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Recommendations need to be from non-family members. Letters will need to be in PDF format.
- Electronic Transcript: High School Students: You must enter the email address of your guidance office into the application at least 5 days prior to the deadline. This will allow your guidance officer to add your transcript to the application prior to the deadline.
Other Notes: None
Dates to Remember:
- May: Recipients will be notified via email in early May.
- June 15: Recipients must sign their scholarship agreement and provide college information. CommunityGiving will verify that you are enrolled as a full-time student at the college.(Full-time enrollment is typically 12-16 credits)
- June: Inform your college that you have received the scholarship.
- September 1: Generally, full payment will arrive at your college unless otherwise notified.