If you have an existing scholarship account login
Bernick Family Scholarship*
The Bernick Family Scholarship was created to recognize the values of the Bernick family and their corporation, Bernick's. The purpose of the fund is to recognize, assist and encourage high school seniors who are well-rounded individuals in their pursuit of advanced education.
- High School Senior
- From: Must live in Bernick Service Area (View service area list and map)
- GPA: 3.0 or better
- Planning to attend: Two or four year college (full-time enrollment)
Available Scholarships: 10 - $2,000 scholarships. Scholarships will be paid over 4 years with $500 being given each year, when maintaining a full time enrollment and 3.0 or better GPA.
Renewable: Yes, with proof of satisfactory college grades (3.0 or better) and continued full- time enrollment
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1
Scholarship Application Process: Online applications only
Items you will need to complete the online application:
- Application General Questions
- Essay: 2 pages double spaced: Based upon your last four years, what have you learned from participating in school, community, and work activities and how do you plan to apply what you have learned to your future opportunities?
- Statement of Need and Responsibility: Briefly share a personal, life, or family circumstance affecting your need for this scholarship.
- List of Activities for: 1) Community Service i.e. civic and church volunteer activities; 2) Extracurricular School Activities, i.e. school activities that are not graded; and 3) Work Experience
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Recommendations need to be from non-family members. Letters will need to be in PDF format.
- Electronic Transcript: High School Students: You must enter the email address of your guidance office into the application at least 5 days prior to the deadline. This will allow your guidance officer to add your transcript to the application prior to the deadline.
Other Notes: Senior photo and photo release will be required of recipients. The donor wishes to recognize recipients in news releases, corporate newsletters, and other publications. This is a multi-year scholarship.
Dates to Remember:
- May: Recipients will be notified via email in early May.
- June 15: Recipients must sign their scholarship agreement and provide college information. CommunityGiving will verify that you are enrolled as a full-time student at the college.(Full-time enrollment is typically 12-16 credits)
- June: Inform your college that you have received the scholarship.
- September 1: First payment of 50% will arrive at your college.
- January 10: Second payment of 50% will arrive at your college.