If you have an existing scholarship account login
Watkins-Kimball-Eden Valley VFW Post 5460 Scholarship*
The VFW Post 5460 Scholarship Fund was created by the VFW Post 5460 for the purpose of assisting high school seniors from the three communities that are encompassed in VFW Post 5460: Watkins, Eden Valley, and Kimball. The post will seek to award the scholarships to students who demonstrate that they are patriotic citizens.
- High School Senior
- From: Eden Valley-Watkins, Kimball
- If the student is a Voice of Democracy participant, the scholarship will be $2,000.
- Planning to attend: Two or four year college (full-time enrollment)
Available Scholarships: 3 - $1,000 Scholarships
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1
Scholarship Application Process: Online applications only.
Items you will need to complete the online application:
- Application General Questions
- Essay: 1-2 page double spaced: What does the following John F. Kennedy Inaugural quote mean to you? “Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.”
- Statement of Need and Responsibility: Briefly share a personal, life, or family circumstance affecting your need for this scholarship.
- List of Activities for: 1) Community Service i.e. civic and church volunteer activities; 2) Extracurricular School Activities i.e. school activities that are not graded; and 3) Work Experience
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Recommendations need to be from non-family members. Letters will need to be in PDF format.
- Electronic Transcript: High School Students: You must enter the email address of your guidance office into the application at least 5 days prior to the deadline. This will allow your guidance officer to add your transcript to the application prior to the deadline.
Other Notes: None
Dates to Remember:
- May: Recipients will be notified via email in early May.
- June 15: Recipients must sign their scholarship agreement and provide college information. CommunityGiving will verify that you are enrolled as a full-time student at the college.(Full-time enrollment is typically 12-16 credits)
- June: Inform your college that you have received the scholarship.
- September 1: Generally, full payment will arrive at your college unless otherwise notified.