If you have an existing scholarship account login
George and Shirley Torrey Nursing Scholarship*
The Torrey Nursing Scholarship Fund was created in honor of Shirley Torrey, a 1958 registered nurse graduate of the Northwestern Hospital School of Nursing in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The purpose of the fund is to assist and encourage junior, senior and 5th year post-secondary students pursuing a career in nursing.
- College Student
- From: CSB/SJU, SCSU
- Nursing Majors at College of Saint Benedict, Saint John's University or Saint Cloud State University
- Planning to attend: 3rd - 4th year college student
Available Scholarships: Four - $2,000-$2,500 Scholarships
Renewable: Previous recipients may apply.
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1
Scholarship Application Process: Online applications only.
Items you will need to complete the online application:
- Application General Questions
- Essay: not to exceed 4,000 characters: Describe your career and educational goals and how you plan to achieve them.
- Statement of Need and Responsibility: Briefly share a personal, life, or family circumstance affecting your need for this scholarship.
- List of Activities for: 1) Community Service i.e. civic and church volunteer activities 2) Extracurricular School Activities i.e. school activities that are not graded 3) Work Experience
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Recommendation need to be from non-family members. Letters will need to be in PDF format.
- Electronic Transcript: College Students:Must obtain a transcript from the college registrar office and upload as a PDF.Unofficial transcripts are acceptable if they are from the registrar’s office.
Other Notes: None
Dates to Remember:
- May: Recipients will be notified via email in early May.
- June 15: Recipients must sign their scholarship agreement and provide college information. CommunityGiving will verify that you are enrolled as a full-time student at the college.(Full-time enrollment is typically 12-16 credits)
- June: Inform your college that you have received the scholarship.
- September 1: Generally, full payment will arrive at your college unless otherwise notified.