If you have an existing scholarship account login
Tommy and Alla Solberg Endowment Fund Scholarship*
The Tommy and Alla Solberg Endowment Fund is intended to recognize and support actively engaged students who have demonstrated academic excellence and wish to further their education at an accredited 4-year college or university with preference given to students majoring in a course of study leading to employment in the health care industry or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) related professions. Through higher education, these applicants will continue to build future legacies through the work, time, and talent of generations to come.
- High School Seniors from Alexandria High School.
- GPA: 3.5 on a 4.0 Scale.
- Demonstrate academic excellence with consideration given to the difficulty of course load taken in high school.
- Planning to attend: Four-year college (full-time enrollment).
Available Scholarships: $4,000 for one year
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1
Scholarship Application Process: Online applications only.
Items you will need to complete the online application:
- Application General Questions
- Essay: Single page: Describe your personal aspirations along with your career
and educational goals.
- List of Activities for: 1) Community Service i.e. civic and church volunteer activities; 2) Extracurricular School Activities, i.e. school activities that are not graded; and 3) Work Experience. Include years involved and areas of leadership/participation.
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Recommendations need to be from non-family members. Letters will need to be in PDF format.
- Electronic Transcript:
- High School Students: You must enter your guidance officer’s email address into the application at least 5 days prior to the deadline. This will allow your guidance officer to add your transcript to the application prior to the deadline.
Other Notes: Preference will be given to students who are pursuing healthcare or STEM related professions.
Dates to Remember:
- May: Recipients will be notified via email in early May.
- June 15: Recipients must sign their scholarship agreement and provide college information. CommunityGiving will verify that you are enrolled as a full-time student at the college.(Full-time enrollment is typically 12-16 credits)
- June: Inform your college that you have received the scholarship.
- September 1: Generally, full payment will arrive at your college unless otherwise notified.