If you have an existing scholarship account login
Thomas J. Reif Memorial Scholarship*
Tom Reif was an avid Cardinal Athletic fans and supporter of the Alexandria community.
- Seniors at Alexandria High School
- Student Athlete with GPA of 3.5 or better
- Demonstrated leadership skills through participation in school groups or community organizations
- Plans to attend a 2 or 4 year college/university
Available Scholarships: 1 - $1000 scholarship
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1
Scholarship Application Process: Online applications only.
Items you will need to complete online application:
- Application General Questions
- Essay: 1 page double spaced: Who or what has had the greatest influence on your life? How is the person or event affecting the direction of your life?
- Statement of Need and Responsibility: Briefly share a personal, life, or family circumstance affecting your need for this scholarship.
- List of Activities for: 1) Community Service i.e. civic and church volunteer activities; 2) Extracurricular School Activities i.e. school activities that are not graded; and 3) Work Experience
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Recommendations need to be from non-family members. Letters will need to be in PDF format.
- Electronic Transcript: High School Students: You must enter the email address of your guidance office into the application at least 5 days prior to the deadline. This will allow your guidance officer to add your transcript to the application prior to the deadline.
Other Notes: NoneDates to Remember:
- May: Recipients will be notified via email in early May.
- June 15: Recipients must sign their scholarship agreement and provide college information. CommunityGiving will verify that you are enrolled as a full-time student at the college.(Full-time enrollment is typically 12-16 credits)
- June: Inform your college that you have received the scholarship.
- September 1: Generally, full payment will arrive at your college unless otherwise notified.
Click Here to Begin Application Process