If you have an existing scholarship account login
Theisen Family Nursing Scholarship*
The Theisen Family Nursing Scholarship Fund was created in 2005 for a student attending the College of St. Benedict, Saint John's University or St. Cloud State University. The purpose of the fund is to assist and encourage junior and senior post secondary students pursuing a career in nursing.
- College Student
- From: College of St. Benedict, Saint John's University or St.Cloud State University.
- GPA: 3.0 on 4.0 Scale
- Major: Nursing Majors at College of Saint Benedict, Saint John's University or St. Cloud State University
- Planning to attend: 3rd - 4th year college student
Preference: Students returning to college to pursue a degree OR 1st time college students over the age of 25.
Available Scholarships: 1 - $1000 Scholarship
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1
Scholarship Application Process: Online applications only.
Items you will need to complete the online application:
- Application General Questions
- Essay: not to exceed 4,000 characters: Why you are pursuing nursing? What are your career goals after graduation?
- Statement of Need and Responsibility: Briefly share a personal, life, or family circumstance affecting your need for this scholarship.
- List of Activities for: 1) Community Service i.e. civic and church volunteer activities 2) Extracurricular School Activities i.e. school activities that are not graded 3) Work Experience
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Recommendation need to be from non-family members. Letters will need to be in PDF format.
- Electronic Transcript: College Students:Must obtain a transcript from the college registrar office and upload as a PDF.Unofficial transcripts are acceptable if they are from the registrar’s office.
Other Notes: None
- May: Recipients will be notified via email in early May.
- June 15:Recipients must sign their scholarship agreement and provide college information. CommunityGiving will verify that you are enrolled as a full-time student at the college.(Full-time enrollment is typically 12-16 credits)
- June: Inform your college that you have received the scholarship.
- September 1: First payment of 50% will arrive at your college.
- January 10: Second payment of 50% will arrive at your college.