If you have an existing scholarship account login
Terry R. Fox Scholarship*
The Terry R. Fox Scholarship was established in the fall of 2009 to benefit students related to employees of First Byte Computers Inc., DBA Computex (formerly Nexus Information Systems), located in Minnetonka, Minnesota.
- High School Senior, College Student
- From: Employee of First Byte Computers Inc., DBA Computex (formerly Nexus Information Systems)
- Available to children, step-children, grandchildren, and step-grandchildren of any full time First Byte Computers Inc., DBA Computex (formerly Nexus Information Systems) employee with a minimum of one year of service.
- Planning to attend: Two or four year college, or graduate school (full-time enrollment)
Available Scholarships: Up to $10,000
Renewable: Student may reapply each year.
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1
Scholarship Application Process: Online applications only.
Items you will need to complete the online application:
- Application General Questions
- Essay: 1 page double spaced: Who or what has had the greatest influence on your life? How is the person or event affecting the direction of your life?
- Statement of Need and Responsibility: Briefly share a personal, life, or family circumstance affecting your need for this scholarship.
- List of Activities for: 1) Community Service i.e. civic and church volunteer activities; 2) Extracurricular School Activities i.e. school activities that are not graded; and 3) Work Experience
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Recommendations need to be from non-family members. Letters will need to be in PDF format.
- Electronic Transcript:
- High School Students: You must enter your guidance officer’s email address into the application at least 5 days prior to the deadline. This will allow your guidance officer to add your transcript to the application prior to the deadline.
- College Students: Must obtain a transcript from the college registrar office and upload as a PDF. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable if they are signed by the registrar’s office.
Other Notes: none
Dates to Remember:
- May: Recipients will be notified via email in early May.
- June 15: Recipients must sign their scholarship agreement and provide college information. CommunityGiving will verify that you are enrolled as a full-time student at the college.(Full-time enrollment is typically 12-16 credits)
- June: Inform your college that you have received the scholarship.
- September 1: Generally, full payment will arrive at your college unless otherwise notified.