If you have an existing scholarship account login
St. Cloud Builders Exchange Legacy Scholarship Fund
- Current High School Senior
- Student from Benton, Stearns or Sherburne counties
- GPA: 2.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Planning to attend (full-time enrollment):
- St. Cloud State University (Construction Management - BS); OR
- St. Cloud Technical and Community College (Architectural Construction Technology, Carpentry, Electrical Construction Technology, Heating/Air Conditioning & Refrigeration, Land Surveying, Civil Engineering, OR Plumbing)
Available Scholarships: 4 - $2,000 Scholarships
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1
Scholarship Application Process: Online applications only.
Items you will need to complete the online application:
- Application General Questions
- Essay: In 200 words or less (double spaced), please explain how you developed an interest in the construction industry or trades, and what are your career objectives?
- List of Activities for: 1) Community Service, Community and Church Activities, Volunteer Experiences 2) Extracurricular School Activities i.e. school activities that are not graded; and 3) Work Experience, include years involved and areas of leadership/participation
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Recommendations need to be from non-family members. Letters will need to be in PDF format.
- Electronic Transcript:
- High School Students: You must enter your guidance officer’s email address into the application at least 5 days prior to the deadline. This will allow your guidance officer to add your transcript to the application prior to the deadline.
Other Notes: none
Dates to Remember:
- May: Recipients will be notified via email in early May.
- June 15: Recipients must sign their scholarship agreement and provide college information. CommunityGiving will verify that you are enrolled as a full-time student at the college.(Full-time enrollment is typically 12-16 credits)
- June: Inform your college that you have received the scholarship.
- September 1: Generally, full payment will arrive at your college unless otherwise notified.