If you have an existing scholarship account login
Miller Architects & Builders Industry Scholarship*
The Miller Architects & Builders Scholarship Fund was created in 2006 to award scholarships to graduating students from Stearns, Benton or Sherburne County or for an employee’s children who are pursuing a career in a field related to Miller Architect & Builders business. The scholarship is open to high school seniors who want to pursue a career in the following fields: Architecture, Construction, Construction Management, Drafting, and CAD. The scholarship fund will benefit young adults in their desire to attain a secondary education.
- High School Senior
- From: Albany/Avon,
Annandale, Big Lake, Cathedral, Eden Valley - Watkins, Grey Eagle, Kimball,
Long Prairie, Mayer Lutheran, Monticello, New Ulm, Pine River, ROCORI, Sartell,
Sauk Rapids, St Cloud Apollo, St Cloud Technical High School, St John's Prep,
- GPA: 2.5 or better on 4.0 Scale
- Fields of study: Architecture, Construction Management, Drafting, and CAD
- Planning to attend: Two or four year college (full-time enrollment)
Available Scholarships: 1 - $1,000 Scholarship
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1
Scholarship Application Process: Online applications only.
Items you will need to complete the online application:
- Application General Questions
- Essay: 1 page double spaced: What area of the construction industry interests you most? Why do you think you will be successful in a construction related field?
- Statement of Need and Responsibility: Briefly share a personal, life, or family circumstance affecting your need for this scholarship.
- List of Activities for: 1) Community Service i.e. civic and church volunteer activities; 2) Extracurricular School Activities i.e. school activities that are not graded; and 3) Work Experience
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Recommendations need to be from non-family members. Letters will need to be in PDF format.
- Electronic Transcript: High School Students: You must enter the email address of your guidance office into the application at least 5 days prior to the deadline. This will allow your guidance officer to add your transcript to the application prior to the deadline.
Other Notes: None
Dates to Remember:
- May: Recipients will be notified via email in early May.
- June 15: Recipients must sign their scholarship agreement and provide college information. CommunityGiving will verify that you are enrolled as a full-time student at the college.(Full-time enrollment is typically 12-16 credits)
- June: Inform your college that you have received the scholarship.
- September 1: Generally, full payment will arrive at your college unless otherwise notified.