If you have an existing scholarship account login
Leo and Agnes Bauerly Memorial Scholarship*
Education was very important to Agnes and Leo Bauerly. Agnes and Leo grew up during a time when getting even a high school education was an achievement. Agnes was able to attend high school and got her diploma by living in town with a family and was their housekeeper. Leo had an entrepreneurial spirit and started a family trucking business. Agnes and Leo worked side by side until Leo’s passing. Their children grew the business that was known as Bauerly Brothers. The family and friends of Agnes and Leo have set up this scholarship, in their memory, for a deserving student who desires a higher education.
- High School Senior
- From: Foley, Milaca, Cathedral High School or St Cloud Technical High School
- GPA: 2.5 or better
- Participation in 4-H or FFA or is from a farm family
- Planning to attend: Two or four year college (full-time enrollment)
Available Scholarships: 1 - $1,000 Scholarship
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1
Scholarship Application Process: Online applications only.
Items you will need to complete the online application:
- Application General Questions
- Essay: 1 page double spaced: Based on your activities and work, what have you learned about communication, excellence, honesty, respect, dignity, and/or teamwork?
- Statement of Need and Responsibility: Briefly share a personal, life, or family circumstance affecting your need for this scholarship.
- List of Activities for: 1) Community Service i.e. civic and church volunteer activities; 2) Extracurricular School Activities i.e. school activities that are not graded; and 3) Work Experience
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Recommendations need to be from non-family members. Letters will need to be in PDF format.
- Electronic Transcript: High School Students: You must enter the email address of your guidance office into the application at least 5 days prior to the deadline. This will allow your guidance officer to add your transcript to the application prior to the deadline.
Other Notes: None
Dates to Remember:
- May: Recipients will be notified via email in early May.
- June 15: Recipients must sign their scholarship agreement and provide college information. CommunityGiving will verify that you are enrolled as a full-time student at the college.(Full-time enrollment is typically 12-16 credits)
- June: Inform your college that you have received the scholarship.
- September 1: Generally, full payment will arrive at your college unless otherwise notified.