If you have an existing scholarship account login
Greater St. Cloud Public Safety Foundation Scholarship*
- High School Senior, College Student or Non-Traditional Student
- From Benton, Stearns or Sherburne County in Minnesota
- GPA: 2.5 or better
- 2 or 4 year program at a community college or university
- Certificate/Major/Area of Study:
- Criminal Justice
- First Responder programs including Police, Fire Fighters or EMT
- Exhibits leadership skills.
Available Scholarships: Multiple $2,000 Scholarships
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1
Scholarship Application Process: Online applications only.
Items needed to complete the online application:
- Answer general questions
- Essay: 1 page typed and double spaced, standard font and margins. Who has had the greatest influence on your life? How has this person or event affected your decision to pursue a career in public safety?
- List of Activities for: 1) Community Service i.e. civic and church volunteer activities; 2) Extracurricular School Activities i.e. school activities that are not graded; and 3) Work Experience
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Recommendations need to be from non-family members. Letters will need to be in PDF format.
- Electronic Transcript: High School Students: You must enter the email address of your guidance office into the application at least 5 days prior to the deadline. This will allow your guidance officer to add your transcript to the application prior to the deadline.
Other Notes: None
Dates to Remember:
- May: Recipients will be notified via email in early May.
- June 15: Recipients must sign their scholarship agreement and provide college information. CommunityGiving will verify that you are enrolled as a full-time student at the college.(Full-time enrollment is typically 12-16 credits)
- June: Inform your college that you have received the scholarship.
- September 1: Generally, full payment will arrive at your college unless otherwise notified.