If you have an existing scholarship account login
Dorothy Timm Meili Scholarship*
As a retired music teacher, Dorothy Timm Meili wanted to simply inspire others and help when she could. With degrees in piano and music therapy, Dorothy taught music in various communities and states. Dorothy’s number one interest was music. She wanted to inspire and provide the opportunity for others to develop their musical passions. Dorothy hoped to be a small part of helping someone fulfill their dream of making a living with music as she had.
- Current High School Senior
- From: Willmar, MN
- Planning to attend: Two or four year college (full-time enrollment)
- Major: Music Education, Music Performance (vocal and/or instrumental), or Music Therapy
- Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1
- Scholarship Application Process: Online applications only
- Available Scholarships: 1 - $500 Scholarship
- Renewable: No
Items you will need to complete for the online application:
- Application General Questions
- Essay: 1-2 pages double spaced.
- Essay topic: Share how you have been involved in music at your school and in your community. Please include your plan to continue to share your love of music with others and how you plan to grow your gift.
- List of Activities: For the following categories:
- Community Service/ Volunteer/Church
- Extra-Curricular School Activities
- Work Experience. Include years involved and areas of leadership/participation.
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters will be required in digital format (PDF).
- At least 1 letter of recommendation must be from a Willmar High School Music Faculty member.
- Electronic Transcript:
- High School Students - Provide Guidance Counselor's (GC) e-mail address. GC will be asked to upload your official transcript. *There is NO GPA requirement for this scholarship. Transcript is for eligibility verification only.
Other Notes: None
Notification and Claim Process:
- The scholarship recipients will be notified at the Willmar High School Cap and Gown Ceremony in May.
- Signed scholarship agreement and verification of full time enrollment from the college/university will be required in June.
- September 1 - Generally, full payment will arrive at your college unless otherwise notified.
CLICK HERE TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS