If you have an existing scholarship account login
David Torrey Memorial Scholarship*
The Torrey Memorial Scholarship was created to honor a life that was well lived, but lost too soon. David went to Tech High School. He was especially passionate about hockey and was involved a variety of sports and activities. David brought much joy and laughter to his friends and family.Eligibility Requirements:
- High School Senior
- From: St Cloud Technical High School
- Planning to attend: Two or four year college (full-time enrollment)
Preference: Student athletes OR student with GPA between 2.0 and 2.5
Available Scholarships: 4 - $1,000 Scholarships
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1
Scholarship Application Process: Online applications only.
Items you will need to complete the online application:
- Application General Questions
- Essay: 1-2 pages double spaced: Describe your career and educational goals. Share how your activities and school work are helping you reach toward those goals.
- Statement of Need and Responsibility: Briefly share a personal, life, or family circumstance affecting your need for this scholarship.
- List of Activities for: 1) Community Service i.e. civic and church volunteer activities; 2) Extracurricular School Activities i.e. school activities that are not graded; and 3) Work Experience
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Recommendations need to be from non-family members. Letters will need to be in PDF format.
- Electronic Transcript: High School Students: You must enter the email address of your guidance office into the application at least 5 days prior to the deadline. This will allow your guidance officer to add your transcript to the application prior to the deadline.
Other Notes: None
Dates to Remember:
- May: Recipients will be notified via email in early May.
- June 15: Recipients must sign their scholarship agreement and provide college information. CommunityGiving will verify that you are enrolled as a full-time student at the college.(Full-time enrollment is typically 12-16 credits)
- June: Inform your college that you have received the scholarship.
- September 1: Generally, full payment will arrive at your college unless otherwise notified.