If you have an existing scholarship account login
Andy and Carol Hilger Pro-Life Scholarship*
Andy and Carol Hilger have been known in greater Saint Cloud for their passion for helping others, especially for those who are not able to stand up for themselves. The Hilgers have been tireless Pro-Life advocates.
- High School Senior or College Student
- From: High school students in the St. Cloud Diocese area (map) including home school students or college students at the College of Saint Benedict, St John's University, St Cloud State University, or St. Cloud Technical and Community College
- GPA: 2.5 or Better.
- Pro-Life advocate.
- Planning to attend: Two or four year college (full-time enrollment)
Available Scholarships: 1 - $1,000 Scholarship
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1
Scholarship Application Process: Online applications only.
Items you will need to complete the online application:
- Application General Questions
- Essay: 1-2 pages double spaced. Describe your personal belief/philosophy as it relates to the pro-life movement and share an example that demonstrates your involvement and commitment to the pro-life movement.
- Statement of Need and Responsibility: Briefly share a personal, life, or family circumstance affecting your need for this scholarship.
- List of Activities for: 1) Community Service i.e. civic and church volunteer activities; 2) Extracurricular School Activities, i.e. school activities that are not graded; and 3) Work Experience
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Recommendations need to be from non-family members. Letters will need to be in PDF format.
- Electronic Transcript:
- High School Students: You must enter your guidance officer’s email address into the application at least 5 days prior to the deadline. This will allow your guidance officer to add your transcript to the application prior to the deadline.
- College Students: Must obtain a transcript from the college registrar office and upload as a PDF. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable if they are signed by the registrar’s office.
Other Notes: None
Dates to Remember:
- May: Recipients will be notified via email in early May.
- June 15: Recipients must sign their scholarship agreement and provide college information. CommunityGiving will verify that you are enrolled as a full-time student at the college.(Full-time enrollment is typically 12-16 credits)
- June: Inform your college that you have received the scholarship.
- September 1: Generally, full payment will arrive at your college unless otherwise notified.