Willmar Area Response and Recovery Grants
Online Application Open: October 9th, 2020
Deadline: Application deadline is the 30th of each month. Applications will then be reviewed by 15th of the following month (i.e., apps in by September 30 will then be decided on by October 15).
We understand and share the concerns of our communities, our donors, volunteers, staff and their families as the COVID-19 pandemic has deeply affected organizations and the people they serve. The purpose of the response and recovery fund is to support efforts addressing the impact of COVID-19 on our neighbors, but also financial resiliency and recovery of organizations as they transition back to fulfilling their core mission in serving our communities. The application under the response and recovery fund is more encompassing and focuses on the infrastructure, leadership and financials of the applicant.
What We Fund
- 501(c)3 Nonprofit Organizations
- Government entities
Geographic Area: Grant must serve residents of Kandiyohi County.
Funding Amount Range: Up to $5,000
- The Foundation will begin looking at resilience funding to support non-profits and the ways organizations markedly changed the way they provide services due to health restrictions or foreseeable changes in future.
- Eligible organizations are limited to those who were financially stable prior to COVID-19 as indicated on financial statements.
- A high value is placed on our community partners to maintain a strong, viable community; therefore, it is our desire to support requests that are committed to remain in service over the next year as described in the applicant’s projected financials and/or sustainability plan.
- Grant considerations are favorable for organizations that are committed to diversity, inclusion and equity and supporting vulnerable populations within the geographic focus area.
Please contact the Executive Director for additional inquiry as needed.
What We Don't Fund
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Political organizations or political campaigns
- Annual fundraising drives
- Debt retirement or deficit financing
- Payment for expenses already incurred
- Scholarships or medical research
- Grants for travel or conferences
- Submit application online using the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
- The Grant Advisory Committee will recommend applications for funding to the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors will make final funding decisions.
All notification about this grant will be through emails.
Payout of Grants: upon recipient of electronically signed Grant Agreement.
Grantee Required Documents: Grant Agreement. Required documents will be submitted through the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
For question about this grant or the online Grant Management System please call (320) 257-9715.