WACF Opportunity Gap Grant
Online Application Open: June 1st, 2021
Deadline: July 15, 2021 at 11:59PM - Decision made within 90 days of deadline
The Opportunity Gap refers to vast and growing differences in opportunities available to poor and well-off children and families nationwide. These include quality early childhood education, to Advanced Placement courses in high school, to sport and enrichment activities that provide mentoring, teambuilding and other life-long skills they need to be good citizens and good employees. The WACF seeks to make a variety of smaller grants to support the five building blocks to help our children succeed. The focus areas include projects that address career on-ramps for success, engagement in the K-12 years, high quality early childhood education, safe and caring communities, and/or stable families and parenting.
WHAT WE FUND:
- New or expanded programs/projects
Eligible organizations: 501(c) 3 nonprofit organizations, schools or government entities.
Geographic Area: Kandiyohi County in Minnesota
FUNDING AMOUNT RANGE:
$5,000-$10,000 (A password is needed to apply. More information in the "Process" section.)
- Career On-Ramps for Success
- Engagement in the K-12 Years
- High Quality Early Childhood Education
- Safe and Caring Communities
- Stable Family and Parenting
Looking for more resources about the Opportunity Gap? Check out these resources below.
- Are likely to make a clear difference in the quality of life for a substantial number of people.
- Propose practical approaches to resolve current community problems.
- Address diversity and positive change in a constructive manner.(Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Policy)
- Help nonprofit organizations manage themselves and their finances more effectively.
- Encourage cooperation and eliminate duplication of services.
- Stimulate others to participate in problem-solving.
- Promote leverage for generating additional funds.
WHAT WE DON'T FUND:
- Religious organizations for religious purposes (Funding for Faith-Based Organizations Policy)
- Political organizations or political campaigns.
- Annual fundraising drives
- Debt retirement or deficit financing
- Projects or portions of projects that have already been completed
- Scholarships or medical research
- Grants for travel or conferences
- A password is required to apply for this grant round. Interested parties may acquire the password in one of three ways.
- The viewing of the Opportunity Gap webinar is strongly encouraged
for those considering applying. Please email email@example.com for access
to view the recorded webinar.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following: A brief
email stating the organization, what focus area(s) your project will
incorporate, a brief outline of the project and the amount they will apply for.
This is due by July 5th at 5pm.
- Submit application online using the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
- The Grant Advisory Committee will recommend applications for funding to the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors will make final funding decisions.
Organizations may only submit one grant application per year per grant round.
All notifications about this grant will be through emails.
Payout of Grants: Upon recipient of electronically signed Grant Agreement.
Grantee Required Documents: Grant Agreement, Progress Report, and Final Report. Required follow up documents will be submitted through the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
For questions about the online Grant Management System, please call Sherri at (320) 257-9715.