Sauk Centre Area Community Impact Grants
Online Application Open: September 1st, 2022
Deadline: October 31 at 11:59pm - Decisions Made Within 90 Days of Deadline
The Sauk Centre Area Community Foundation (SCACF) seeks to make grants that will help build our community in bringing about a lasting, positive change in the Sauk Centre area. The SCACF is looking to provide leadership and financial support that builds a community partnership in order to advance the project or initiatives.
WHAT WE FUND:
Eligible organizations: 501(c) 3 nonprofit organizations, schools or government entities.
Geographic Area: Serves the Sauk Centre School District (ISD 743) area
Funding Amount Range: $3,000 - $20,000 per project
- Youth and Education – Grants will be made to support youth initiatives and education including Pre- K-12 and after-school programs.
- Health and Recreation – Grants will be made to support and promote recreation, health education, physical and mental health and activities that reduce abuse and violence.
- Civic – Grants will be made to support activities that build, promote and preserve communities.
- Culture – Grants will be made to support activities that generate an appreciation of diverse cultures and that enhance and improve cultural opportunities.
- Productive Aging- Grants will be made to support programs and activities that promote healthy aging in place, reduce isolation of seniors and improve their quality of life.
- Capital - Limited one time funding may be requested for a capital project from a local non-profit agency that serves a wide cross-section of the community. The project must significantly improve their ability to live out their mission efficiently and well into the future. $10,000 maximum request for a purely capital grant that does not tie to a focus area above. $15,000 may be requested for a project that blends both capital need and a specific focus area above.
- Create innovative solutions to community challenges and capitalize on emerging opportunities.
- Build or support collaborative efforts and involve other community partners such as other nonprofits, government entities, businesses and citizen groups.
- Are likely to make a difference in the quality of life and have the potential to inspire additional investments in the community.
- Build social capital (i.e. connectedness) across generations, cultures and other diverse segments of the community.
- SCACF prefers to fund programs or projects that do not including hiring new personnel due to sustainability concerns.
- Projects/programs that support diversity, equity and inclusion.(Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy)
WHAT WE DON'T FUND:
- Submit application online using the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
- The SCACF Board of Directors will make final funding decisions and all will participate in the grant review process.
Organizations may only submit one grant application per year per grant round.
All notification about this grant will be through emails.
Payout of Grants: Upon recipient of electronically signed Grant Agreement.
Grantee Required Documents: Grant Agreement, Progress Report, and Final Report. Required follow up documents will be submitted through the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
For questions about the online Grant Management System, please call Sherri at (320) 257-9715.