Ruth McDonald Fund Grants
Online Application Open: May 1st, 2022
Deadline: June 30 at 11:59pm - Decisions Made Within 90 Days of Deadline
The Alexandria Area Community Foundation seeks to make grants that will support health and wellness in the Alexandria area - especially for the health needs of people in poverty.
What We Fund:
- New or expanded programs/projects
- 501(c) 3 nonprofit organizations
- Government entities
Geographic Area: Grants must serve the residents within Douglas County
Funding Range: $2,500-$5,000
- Provide health education to the public to prevent disease
- Support food nutrition or nutrition education
- Help people living in isolation to build social connections
- Create innovative solutions to community challenges and capitalize on emerging opportunities
- Build or support collaborative efforts and involve other community partners such as other nonprofits, government entitles, businesses, and/or citizen groups
- Make a sustainable positive impact in the community
- Build social capital (I.e. connectedness) across generations, cultures, and other diverse segments of the community
- Are highly visible and have the potential to inspire additional investment in the community
- Projects/Programs that support diversity, inclusion and equity (Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Policy)
What is NOT Funded:
- Religious organizations for religious purposes (Funding for Faith-Based Organizations Policy)
- Political organizations or political campaigns
- Annual fundraising drives
- Debt retirement or deficit financing
- Projects that have already been completed
- Scholarships or medical research
- Grants for travel or conferences
- Government funding that has been reduced or eliminated
- Submit application online using the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
- The Grant Advisory Committee will recommend applications for funding to the Board of Directors responsible for this fund.
- The Board of Directors will make final funding decisions.
Payout of Grants: Upon receipt of electronically signed Grant Agreement.
Grantee Required Documents: Submitted through the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
- Grant Agreement
- Progress Report (6-month)
- Final Report (12-month)
- Full financial accounting of grant dollars
For question about this grant or the online Grant Management System please call (320) 257-9715.
Click Here to Begin the Application Process