Central Minnesota Difference Maker Grants
Online Application Open: March 1st, 2021
Deadline: May 1, 2021 at 11:59pm - Decisions Made Within 90 Days of Deadline
The Central Minnesota Community Foundation (CMCF) seeks to make significant grants that will be the “Difference Maker” in bringing about a positive change in racial equity for Central Minnesota. CMCF seeks to build/strengthen partnerships with the grantees that support the success of the funded project or initiatives.
WHAT WE FUND
- Program support and development
- Program implementation
- 501(c)3 Nonprofit Organizations
- Government entities
Geographic Area: Grant must serve the residents of Benton, Stearns and/or Sherburne Counties.
Funding Amount Range:
that address racial disparity in the areas of education or job readiness
- Support K-12, after-school or summer programs
- Adult education programming that increase job readiness and job
advancement skills or entrepreneurialism
that build and promote Social Capital among our diverse population
- Opportunities for people to become engaged in community,
create social connections and a welcoming community
- Preference for collaborative efforts toward systemic change
- Support activities that generate opportunities to become
connected to the broader community
- Build social capital across generations, cultures, and other diverse segments of the community (Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Policy)
- Build or support collaborative efforts and involve other community partners such as other nonprofits, government entities, and/or citizen groups
- Creates innovative solutions to community challenges and capitalize on emerging opportunities
- Has the potential to inspire additional investments in the community
- Provides access and equity through programming in the community
WHAT WE DON'T FUND
- Religious organizations for religious purposes (Funding for Faith-Based Organizations Policy)
- Multi-year requests
- Political organizations or political campaigns
- Annual fundraising drives
- Debt retirement or deficit financing
- Projects that have already been completed
- Scholarships or medical research
- Grants for travel or conferences
- Government funding that has been reduced or eliminated
- Organizations may only submit one grant application per year.
- Submit application online using the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
- The Grant Advisory Committee will recommend applications for funding to the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors will make final funding decisions.
- All notifications about this grant will be through emails.
Payout of Grants: Upon receipt of electronically signed Grant Agreement.
Grantee Required Documents:
- Grant Agreement
- Progress Report (6-month)
- Final Report (12-month)
- Full financial accounting of grant dollars
Required follow up documents will be submitted through the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
CLICK HERE TO BEGIN APPLICATION PROCESS