Central Minnesota "Difference Maker" Grants
Online Application Open: March 1st, 2022
Deadline: April 30, 2022 at 11:59pm - Decisions Made Within 90 Days of Deadline
The Central Minnesota Community Foundation (CMCF) seeks to make significant grants that will be the “Difference Maker” in bringing about a positive change in racial equity for Central Minnesota. CMCF is looking to build partnerships during the grant period and hopes that this partnership will advance the project or initiatives.
WHAT WE FUND
- Program support and development
- Program implementation
- 501(c)3 Nonprofit Organizations
- Government entities
Geographic Area: Grant must serve the residents of Benton, Stearns and/or Sherburne Counties.
Funding Amount Range:
- Support K-12 and after-school programs that promote positive self-esteem and mental health efforts
- Programs that support and/or address barriers to workplace mental health and wellbeing
- Community Engagement
- Programs that support, build and promote Social Capital in our community
- Programs or projects that address racial disparities across education, economy, and community engagement. (Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Policy)
Programs or projects that address mental health and wellbeing
Build or support collaborative efforts and involve other community partners such as other nonprofits, government entities, and/or citizen groups
- Creates innovative solutions to community challenges and capitalize on emerging opportunities
- Make a sustainable, visible, and positive impact in the community
- Build social capital across generations, cultures, and other diverse segments of the community
- Has the potential to inspire additional investments in the community
WHAT WE DON'T FUND
- Religious organizations for religious purposes (Funding for Faith-Based Organizations Policy)
- Multi-year requests
- Political organizations or political campaigns
- Annual fundraising drives
- Debt retirement or deficit financing
- Projects that have already been completed
- Scholarships or medical research
- Grants for travel or conferences
- Government funding that has been reduced or eliminated
- Organizations may only submit one grant application per year.
- Submit application online using the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
- The Grant Advisory Committee will recommend applications for funding to the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors will make final funding decisions.
- All notifications about this grant will be through emails.
Payout of Grants: Upon receipt of electronically signed Grant Agreement.
Grantee Required Documents:
- Grant Agreement
- Progress Report (6-month)
- Final Report (12-month)
- Full financial accounting of grant dollars
Required follow up documents will be submitted through the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
CLICK HERE TO BEGIN APPLICATION PROCESS