Bernick's Beverages and Vending Fund Grants
Online Application Open: July 1st, 2017
Deadline: Midnight September 1st - Decision: See "Application Process" Section
The Bernick family started the Bernick Family Foundation to honor the legacy of its company founders by continuing the tradition of supporting organizations consistent with the family's core values, while providing leadership in responding to emerging community needs.
What We Fund
- Capital projects
- New or expanded programs
- Strategic investments in operations (i.e. one-time investments that will help organizations increase efficiency and/or ongoing revenue).
The Bernick Family Foundation supports two key focus areas:
- Youth and Education: Support of activities that help prepare students for future success in education and the workplace.
• Favorable Considerations: Programs that develop leadership skills, community involvement, teamwork, and entrepreneurship.
- Health and Fitness: Support of activities that address health and wellness.
• Favorable Considerations: Programs/projects that promote fitness, nutrition, healthy living and responsible lifestyles.
Eligible Organizations: 501(c) (3) nonprofit organizations, schools and government entities.
Eligible Geographic Area: The organization must be based in or serve one of the regions in which Bernick’s operates, including the areas in and around Barnum, Bemidji, Brainerd, Duluth, Waite Park and Willmar, Minnesota and Dresser, Wisconsin. To find out if your area is included, please see Bernick's Service Area Listing and Map.
Funding Amount Range: $3,000 - $50,000
To request gifts of product and other funding requests under $3,000, please visit http://www.bernicks.com/community/donation-requests/
What We Do Not Fund
- Operating expenses for government agencies,
- Religious organizations for religious purposes,
- Projects that have already been completed or regranting to organizations not specifically named in the Bernick's application.
- Create an account in the CommunityGiving Grant Management System OR if you have applied for grants through CommunityGiving and one of it's affiliate foundations before, access your account. (Use the "Click here to begin application process" button below)
- Submit LOI application online using your CommunityGiving Grant Management System account between July 1 and September 1 at midnight.
- Applicants will be notified of their status after October 15, then accepted organizations will be asked to submit a full application online by November 15 using the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
- Grants are awarded after February 15th.
- The Grant Advisory Committee will recommend applications for funding to the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors will make final funding decisions.
*Note - Organizations may only submit one grant application per year.
-All notification about this grant will be through emails.
-Payout of Grants: upon recipient of electronically signed Grant Agreement.
-Grantee Required Documents: Grant Agreement, Progress Report, Final Report. Required follow up documents will be submitted through the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
For question about this grant or the online Grant Management System please call Jeanne at (320) 257-9715.