Bernick's Beverages and Vending Fund Grants
Online Application Open: July 1st, 2022
Deadline: August 31 at 11:59pm - Decision: See "Application Process" Section
The Bernick family started the Bernick Family Foundation to honor the legacy of its company founders by continuing the tradition of supporting organizations consistent with the family's core values, while providing leadership in responding to emerging community needs.
A total of $150,000 will be granted throughout the six Bernick service areas to approximately 8-10 organizations.
This grant is a 2 phase process:
- Short application must be submitted; the committee will review all applications and then invite approximately 15-18 organizations to complete the full application.
- Full application by invitation only.
- Accepting Short Applications: July 1- August 31
- Short application acceptance/denial to full application: After October 21
- Full application deadline (only those invited back): November 11
- Award Announcements: Approximately January 15
What We Fund
- Capital projects
- New or expanded programs
Eligible Organizations: 501(c) (3) nonprofit organizations, schools and government entities.
Eligible Geographic Area: The organization must be based in or serve one of the regions in which Bernick’s operates, including the areas in and around:
- Waite Park,
- And Dresser, Wisconsin.
To find out if your area is included, please see Bernick's Service Area Listing.
Funding Amount Range: $5,000 - $40,000
Focus Areas: The Bernick Family Foundation supports two key focus areas:
- Youth and Education: Support of activities that help prepare students for future success in education and the workplace.
- Health and Fitness: Support of activities that address active lifestyles and well-being.
- Programs that are innovative or develop youth leadership skills, community involvement, teamwork, and entrepreneurship.
- Programs/projects that promote fitness, engage in recreation and/or responsible lifestyle.
What We Do Not Fund
- Annual fund drives and one-time benefit events,
- Health research or nutrition,
- Operating expenses for government agencies,
- Religious organizations for religious purposes, or
- Projects that have already been completed or regranting to organizations not specifically named in the Bernick's application.
- Create an account in the CommunityGiving Grant Management System. All applicants will need to create a new account as we have changed software providers. (Use the "Click here to begin application process" button below)
- Submit short application online using your CommunityGiving Grant Management System account between July 1 and August 31 at midnight.
- Applicants will be notified of their status after October 21, then accepted organizations will be asked to submit a full application online by November 11 using the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
- Grants are awarded after January 15.
- The Grant Advisory Committee will recommend applications for funding to the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors will make final funding decisions.
-All notification about this grant will be through emails.
-Payout of Grants: upon recipient of electronically signed Grant Agreement.
-Grantee Required Documents: Grant Agreement, Progress Report, Final Report. Required follow up documents will be submitted through the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
For question about this grant or the online Grant Management System, please call (877) 253-4380.