We understand and share the concerns of our communities, our donors, volunteers, staff and their families as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold. And though the challenges ahead are unknown, we remain optimistic that our communities will pull through and emerge stronger than before.
We greatly appreciate your patience with us as we adjust to the new normal for the next several months. Throughout it all, our commitment remains to serve our communities, our donors, fund holders, and volunteers. This is why our founders created community foundations and we will be here today, tomorrow and beyond to do just that.
We do not yet know all the needs our communities will face, but we want you to know a couple of very important steps we are taking at CommunityGiving and our partner foundations given the present situation.
Response Funds have been activated in all communities served by CommunityGiving. These funds will be available for local donors and others to contribute and support relief efforts to support those impacted by COVID-19. Grants from these funds will be made to nonprofit and/or governmental entities that are responding to the needs of the local community. The following communities currently have response funds established to assist with the most pressing needs of their local communities. To make a contribution to one of the funds, you can click on the name of the fund below.
Alexandria Response Fund
Brainerd Lakes Area Response Fund
Carver County Response Fund
Central Minnesota Response Fund
Foley Area Response Fund
Paynesville Area Response Fund
ROCORI Area Response Fund
Sauk Centre Area Response Fund
Willmar Area Response Fund
There is also a statewide effort being coordinated by the Minnesota Council on Foundation and St. Paul and Minnesota Community Foundation. For more information on the Minnesota Disaster Recovery Fund, click here.
response fund grant opportunities
There are grant opportunities available to nonprofit organizations, schools and governmental entities that have been impacted by COVID-19. To learn more and apply, click the links below. *Please note the differing geographic area each grant round supports before applying.
Alexandria Response Fund Grants
Brainered Lakes Area Response Fund Grants
Carver County Response Fund Grants
Central Minnesota Response Fund Grants
Paynesville Area Response Fund Grants
ROCORI Area Response Fund Grants
Sauk Centre Area Response Fund Grants
Willmar Area Response Fund Grants.
- While the CommunityGiving and partner foundation offices are closed, our staff members continue to work remotely and are available to answer your questions and concerns via phone or email. You can visit our staff page for contact information.
- In-person meetings with staff will take place as phone/video calls.
- All CommunityGiving and partner foundation community events scheduled through June will be postponed and/or rescheduled. Those events include:
- ROCORI Area Community Foundation Trivia Night - March 26 - Postponed
- CMCF & United Way "Get on the Bus" Tour - March 31 - Postponed
- Brainerd Lakes Area "Women Making Waves" Event - April 14 - Postponed
- Alexandria Area Community Foundation Annual Dinner - May 4 - Postponed
- CMCF Women's Fund Presents: Dancing with our Stars LIVE! - June 15 - Postponed
Check back for updates on the rescheduling of these events. We will also be reviewing events scheduled for July in the coming months to ensure everyone's health and safety.
For accurate and clear information about the current situation we recommend the following resources:
CommunityConnections Webinar Series
- Webinar #1: April 7, 2020 - "The 2020 CARES Act" featuring Annette Benson, Jeff Clancy and Eric Reisinger- To access the webinar, click here.
- Webinar #2: April 14, 2020 - "Accessing Financial Resources" featuring Sam Peddicord - To access the webinar, click here. (Password z3!55192)
- Webinar #3: April 21, 2020 - "Giving Opportunities in a Low Interest Environment" featuring Joe Thiegs - To access the webinar, click here. (Password 0b&&b1$u )
- Webinar #4: April 28, 2020 - "Conversations with Otto Bremer Trust" - To access the webinar, click here. (Password: 8B^0!.^5)
- Webinar #5 - May 5, 2020 - Virtual Fundraising - To access the webinar, click here. (Password: 1Y@6fzy0)
- Webinar #6 - May 12, 2020 - Professional Advisor Education - "Supporting Your Clients and Adding Value During Times of Crisis: Charitable Gift Planning" with Joe Thiegs - To access the webinar, click here. (Password: 3W&+3H%@)
- Webinar #7 - May 19, 2020 - Forecasing and Budgeting - To access the webinar, click here. (Password: 0q^s@%98)
- Webinar #8 - May 26, 2020 - Leadership Wellbeing - To access the webinar, click here. (Password: 4f!V9G1j )
- Webinar #9 - June 2, 2020 - How to Find and Keep Donors - To access the webinar, click here. (Password: 0e^56.C$)
- Webinar #10 - June 9, 2020 - Innovation in the Arts - To register to attend, click here.
Check back for more information about upcoming webinars!