If you have an existing scholarship account login
Brian Klinefelter Family & Law Enforcement Scholarships*
These scholarships were set up to honor Officer Brian Klinefelter, who dedicated his life to his family and community. Brian died in the line of duty near St. Joseph, Minnesota in 1996; leaving behind a daughter, wife, parents, and siblings. The family started this fund because shortly after Brian died, the community rallied around the family to make sure Brian’s daughter would eventually be able to go to college. The family felt it fitting to start the Brian Klinefelter Family Scholarship to assist the children of law enforcement officers, paramedics, or firefighters in their pursuit of higher education.
Brian Klinefelter Family Scholarship: 1 - $1,000
- Dependent student of local, county, state or federal law enforcement, firefighter or paramedic personnel
- From the following counties: Sherburne, Benton, Morrison, Stearns, Douglas, Todd, Wright, Meeker, Kandiyohi or Pope
Brian Klinefelter Scholarship: Law Enforcement at AATC: 1 - $1,000
- Law Enforcement program at Alexandria Technical and Community College.
- High school seniors or alma maters of Annandale, Apollo, Area Learning Center, Cathedral, Elk River, Foley, Holdingford, Melrose, Monticello, Sartell, Sauk Centre, Sauk Rapids, St. Cloud Christian School, St. John’s Prep, and Technical High School
Sartell Police Association and Brian Klinefelter Law Enforcement Scholarship: 1- $500
- High school senior going into law enforcement at any post-secondary school.
- From Stearns County: Preference for Sartell and then St. Cloud School District with Stearns County residence.
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1
Scholarship Application Process: Online applications only.
Items you will need to complete the application:
- Application General Questions
- Essay: 1 page double spaced:
- Statement of Financial Need: A statement about your financial need will be required.
- List of Activities: For the follow categories: 1) Community/Church, 2) Extra Curricular School Activities, 3) Work Experience. Include years involved and areas of leadership/ participation.
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters will be required in digital format (PDF).
- Electronic Transcript:
- High School - Provide Guidance Counselor's (GC) e-mail address. GC will be asked to upload your official transcript.
- College Students- Upload official transcript.
Other Notes: None
Notification and Claim Process: The scholarship recipients will be notified via email in May.
Signed scholarship agreement and verification of full time enrollment from the college/university will be required in June.
Scholarships are paid on a semester basis directly to the students account, typically by Sept 1st and Jan 10th.