A Place to Call Home
It is hard to believe that it was over 16 years ago that I got the phone call from George Torrey asking me and my family to make the greater St. Cloud area home. I continue to be amazed by the stories in this community, and I am extremely proud to call central Minnesota my home.
Over the years, I’ve recognized it’s our values that truly define us— as people, as organizations and as communities. That’s why we embarked on a journey this past year to define and officially adopt what we stand for at the Community Foundation:
We believe in…
- Capturing and preserving the legacy of our donors…forever.
- Providing unparalleled, personalized service to our donors.
- Inspiring philanthropy across generations.
- Utilizing financial resources as a tool to bring about lasting, positive change.
- Serving as a trusted local leader and community catalyst, building connections between people who share a common geography.
We bring people together to leave our world better than we found it. Everyone is welcome at the Community Foundation table.
We recognize that our assets are our people, capital and reputation. If any of these is ever diminished, the last is the most difficult to restore.
We possess an authentic Minnesota work ethic.
We are committed to being flexible and improving what we do and how we do it, each and every day.
We have a “can-do” attitude that inspires creative solutions.
Values only have meaning if an organization integrates them into their daily work. It is our aim that these values direct everything we do every day at the Community Foundation.