The mission of the Central Minnesota Community Foundation is to engage people, connect resources, and build community. We fulfill our mission by making grants to support key issues in Central Minnesota by:
- Encouraging individuals, families and businesses to partner with us to fulfill their charitable and financial goals
- Convening people to work on community problems
- Honoring individuals for improving our community
- Connecting people and resources to build a better community
About the Central Minnesota Community Foundation
The Central Minnesota Community Foundation is one of over 700 community foundations that exist in the country today. Established in November 1985, the Community Foundation is a public foundation that attracts and administers charitable funds for the benefit of the residents of central Minnesota.
Four Foundations in One
We are four community foundations in one. The Central Minnesota Community Foundation, based in St. Cloud, hosts as affiliates the Alexandria Area Community Foundation, the Brainerd Lakes Area Community Foundation and the Willmar Area Community Foundation. The Brainerd and Willmar communities affiliated with CMCF in 1998 in order to begin community foundations in their areas. The Alexandria Area Community Foundation was established in 1992 and joined CMCF in 2010. Each foundation has its own Board of Directors and a representative position on the CMCF Board of Directors. The four foundations share the services of staff members but have separate grantmaking committees and focus on meeting specific needs in their local communities.
The Central Minnesota Community Foundation also hosts the Minnesota Real Estate Foundation (MReF) as an supporting organization. MReF fosters philanthropy by facilitating gifts of real estate. It is the first foundation of its kind in Minnesota.
Our annual report, as well as the following information is available at the Foundation Offices by contacting Greta Stark-Kraker at (320) 253-4380:
- A complete copy of the audited financial statements
- Our IRS Form 990 and 990T
- Investment Committee members
- Names of investment managers and investment analyst
- Information about our administrative fees