Alexandria "Difference Maker" Grants
Online Application Open: May 1st, 2018
Deadline: Midnight June 30th - Decisions Made Within 90 Days of Deadline
The Alexandria Area Community Foundation (AACF) seeks to make significant grants that will be the 'Difference Maker” in bringing about a lasting, positive change in the Alexandria area community. AACF Is looking to provide leadership financial support and build a partnership that goes beyond the grant in order to advance the project or initiatives.
What we fund:
- Capital projects
- New or expanded programs/projects
- Other strategic Investments that will have a lasting impact
Eligible organizations: 501(c) 3 nonprofit Organizations, schools or government entities.
Geographic Area: Grants must serve the residents within Douglas County.
Funding Amount Range: $10,000 - $30,000.
- Education- Grants will be made to support education; especially K-12 and after-school programs.
- Social Services- Grants will be made to support and strengthen families, children and youth.
- Health- Grants will be made that support health education, physical and mental health and activities that reduce abuse or violence.
- Arts and Culture- Grants will be made to support activities that generate an appreciation of diverse cultures and that enhance and Improve cultural opportunities.
- Civic- Grants will be made to support activities that build, promote and preserve communities.
- Create Innovative solutions to community challenges and Capitalize on emerging opportunities.
- Build or support collaborative efforts and Involve other community partners such as other nonprofits, government entitles, businesses, and/or citizen groups
- Make a sustainable positive Impact In the community
- Build social capital (I.e. connectedness) across generations, cultures, and other diverse segments d the community
- Are highly impactful and highly visible and that have the potential to Inspire additional Investments In the community.
What We Don't Fund:
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Political organizations or political campaigns
- Annual fundraising drives
- Debt retirement or deficit financing
- Projects that have already been completed
- Scholarships or medical research
- Grants for travel or Conferences
- Government funding that has been reduced or eliminated
- Submit application online using the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
- The Grant Advisory Committee will recommend applications for funding to the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors will make final funding decisions.
*Note - Organizations may only submit one grant application per year.
All notification about this grant will be through emails.
Payout of Grants: upon recipient of electronically signed Grant Agreement.
Grantee Required Documents: Grant Agreement, Progress Report, Final Report. Required follow up documents will be submitted through the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
For question about this grant or the online Grant Management System please call Jeanne at (320) 257-9715.